Friday 22 April 2011

A brief and cheery thought for Good Friday

Great prayer meeting at church this morning before the Good Friday march in glorious weather before a rehearsal where the band sounded absolutely awesome (I love it when rehearsal = worship, it gets close to the 1 Chronicles 25 players I talked about yesterday).  The prayer meeting was grand; People bringing their all in praise to God, declaring His glory in our own words.

And God gave me the following sentence to chew over:

"How many more will go to the fires before you wake up?"

Chastening.  Tears.  No sense of condemnation for the failures of the past, which is why I bring this here.  I don't intend you to start carrying guilt because people you love have not responded to Christ: He didn't lay that on me, and not on you.  But we need to kick our slumber.

Bless.

And this actually was brief.  One out of two and all that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment